Saturday, November 24, 2007

** I've Got A New Job**

I had an interview yesterday morning for a new job and was offered it in the afternoon!
I was up against two other people. I am going to be the PA for a doctor who is the Director of Chronic Disease Systems for the NHS (B'ham East & North PCT). I had to do a competency test which included prioritizing his diary and writing a letter on his behalf. Then I had the actual interview. One of the people on the interview panel used to work with my sister Lisa (it's not what you know it's who you know to get your foot in the door sometimes isn't it!) I can't wait to hand my resignation in on Monday morning. Where I am at the moment isn't busy enough and I have had to be a witness in an investigation against one of the top bosses!! The new job pays alot more aswell :o) I start on the 2nd January and will be working in Waterlinks House, Aston. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

little_grandad said...

Good luck in the new job. I know where to come to if I get a Chronic Disease and want to short cut the system ;-)

bigfootcookie said...

Well done Wendy! Good luck and I hope your are nice and busy come the New Year. Are you able to sell those Chronic Disease's on eBay?

GYPSY said...

I had to look up Chronic Diseases ready for the job interview (of course they never asked one question about them!) Basically it's heart disease, cancers and stokes etc all the nice stuff :o(
My bosses job is to get the community to stop smoking, eat healthily & get fitter. Head and brick wall come to mind!